Friday, October 12, 2012

Wanna Dance? by Tiffany

After dinner our family decided to go outside to the basketball courts for a friendly game of two on two (which Ayden and I won -- not the point, but just sayin')!  We played for a good while, laughed and just had a real fun time!  After a bit I noticed that across the way there was some beautiful Chinese music playing.  I looked in that direction to find a group of about 20 ladies in their 60's - 70's doing some form of Chinese dance.  It was intriguing so I decided to go sit and watch.  I didn't think they'd mind since they are always staring at us.  So Hannah and I went and sat down in front of them while Deryk and Ayden took off to run at the track.  We hadn't been there 2 minutes when one of the sweet ladies came over to insist that we join them?!  Although I tried my best to tell her that we were only there to watch, I could tell that she was not going to take no for an answer!  I looked over at Hannah to see if I could convince her to join me, only to find her looking the other way saying an emphatic "NO"!  I tried again, "Come on, lets just go have fun and make memories", and to my delight she hopped right up and joined me on the court.  We "danced" if you could call it that, laughed and certainly made some memories!  I was thankful she was there with me, AND courageous enough to join in!  I was a good night :)

2 comments: