Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Photos-Wendy

This is the view from one of our windows.  We're on the fifth floor.  The boys are skating home here with Granddaddy after going to the market to pick up some items for lunch. 

Meat department at the supermarket

Meat department at the supermarket

Meat department at the supermarket

At the 'People's Park' with Gram

Dog with shoes on--really?

Unknown foods being cooked on the street

Unknown foods being cooked on the street

We have a Riverwalk too! 

B-day celebration night!  Maribel (upper right) is a student of ours that is a sweet friend, sister, and also our Chinese tutor.  Whenever I walk arm and arm with her while crossing the road she always insists on being on the side closest to oncoming traffic (as to protect me). 

Cake for b-day celebration!


Unknown foods being cooked on the street
If you can't squat you're not cool here :)  Squatting is a way of life and the Chinese refuse to sit on the ground   due to uncleanliness.  I'm far from being able to squat like this but it's my goal!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pics Wendy ! My knees would be a wreck if I tried to do that LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. ack! I would have to become a vegetarian rather than see a face on my meat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids at my school here in NY also are expert squatters :) Must have learned it from their parents who did it back at home in China!

    ReplyDelete