Friday, September 21, 2012

Sounds of the Night

It's been many years since I've lived in an apartment until now.  The lives going on around me are no longer seperated by a fence and a yard but mere walls and windows.  The giggle of a baby, a quarreling couple, a melodious tune, a little one crying himself to sleep, a weeping woman......all reminders of the individuals and families above, next to, and nearby.  I bring them before Him not knowing their names or faces but that He will love, comfort and heal the broken-hearted. 

And then.....there are the sounds of the morning.  Several days ago at 7:30 a.m. I found myself ready to run, duck and look for cover as fireworks were set off just feet from our windows.  Thus I learned the tradition that when someone moves into a new home (or any other life event) the fireworks are meant to scare off the evil spirits.  ~ From Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment