Tuesday, September 25, 2012

It will be neat to have great friends on both sides of the planet By Hannah

A couple of nights ago I went to go play with some girls that were my age.  Before I went I did not want to go at all. But I  did anyway and it turned out better, Way better than I expected. Because I MADE A FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The girls that I went to play with did not speak much English at all. And I  do not speak Chinese. But one of the many things I leaned that night  is this, If you smile people smile back. You can hold a great conversation   with laughs and smiles, as with words. And sometimes an even better one.


That night we played so many fun games, but the true greatest part to me is this. At the end of the play date my Mom, a college girl, and the girl's Moms all took out a camera and began taking pictures as all the girls and my college student friend, Rita, and me got in a picture taking pose. All the cameras flashed. But it wasn't the cameras that I liked, it was this, I felt an arm of my now best friend in China, wrap around my shoulder in a loving embrace. I held still. Could this really be happening! It was! After all the picture we all went home but the walk was partly together.  On the way back I felt my hand  wrap into another hand. It was Snow.

                                I have such wonderful friends in San Antonio and I am thankful that God is beginning to give me new friends in China. It will be neat to have great friends on both sides of the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
         

2 comments:

  1. You're such a sweet girl. You will have LOTS of friends in China before you leave. We are all blessed to know you Hannah :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have mentioned this every night before bed- that you will find a friend in China. And you did!!! I am SOOOOO happy for you! Of course why wouldn't anyone want to be your friend?? I speak from experience of course!! You will have to teach Snow all about penguins, the joys of playing sharks and minnows, tag, watching movies with popcorn (or nachos like at my house), plastic animals, stuffed animals and create new memories you can tell ME all about. I'm glad you had such a fun time playing that night. Blindfolded- WOW! Love you, Casey

    ReplyDelete