Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Adoption Update - by Tiffany

After we found out that our agency could not get Gary’s file and we would not be able to adopt him, I began praying that God would show us what He wanted us to learn from this and with much certainty, I began to see just how much I had been “leaning on my own understanding”.  I was taking so much comfort in what I knew and in what I could see – Gary’s personality, his disability and his disposition.  When the “known” was taken away, I found myself fearing the unknown and then I realized it was not God I was leaning on. Although that was hard, it was what was needed – God is good to give us what we need.

So we began to pray and ask God where to go from here.  What happened little by little in the two months that followed were beautiful reminders of God’s faithful leading as we saw His fingerprints  on situation after situation.   He led our hearts, brought us all on the same page, encouraged us through others that didn't even know they were being used by God and did it all in His gentle, loving, yet powerful way. 


We are now in the process of trying to adopt a little 7 year old boy named Huihuang (hway-hwang).  We should know within a week or so if his file has been secured by our agency and matched with ours.   He is a precious little boy who our agency has told us is very playful, eager to learn and in need of reassuring love.  We look forward to meeting him and giving him unconditional love that he can count on – the kind of love that God gives us and makes us able to give to others.  Huihuang is deaf, so we are all eagerly beginning to learn sign language; and God has already provided beautiful resources through a dear family friend who signs!  He is so good!  

We will continue to keep you posted!  Thank you so very much for your prayers~

No comments:

Post a Comment