Monday, May 20, 2013

Pierce~By: Brinson



So as you probably know on May 19, I (Brinson) went to the orphanage.  Just to remind you we are trying to adopt Pierce.  The first time we ever saw Pierce he ran up to my dad, held his leg and called out ‘Ba Ba’ which in Chinese means “Dad.”  He pierced all our hearts so we named him, Pierce.  As my mom said, last winter seven children in the orphanage went to be with the Father.  Since that time they haven’t allowed any visitors into the orphanage.  So for the past 3 or 4 months we didn’t know if Pierce was even alive.  A friend tried to find him but couldn’t.
First of all, a few years ago, an old man working at “Shiyan Da Shuai” (one of the local Universities) learned about the orphanage.  He was touched by visiting the orphanage and ever since then a group of 8-9 students from that school visit the orphanage every weekend. 
So today I quietly joined that group of students.  One of our friends (who is Chinese) went with me and the other students.  As we walked up to the gate of the orphanage I was feverishly talking to the Father.  We passed through the gate!!! Then a guard came up to our group and talked with one of the students with very suspicious glances at me, finally she let us in!!! We walked up a large hill then turned left.  There facing us was a tall, menacing steel wall surrounding the orphanage. 
Ever since the deaths in the orphanage, a huge steel wall was built around the orphanage.  Surprisingly, the door was all the way open which is a miracle because it’s always closed and guarded.  We walked into the orphanage and up to the desk were I guess they sign in or something.  No one was there, which is another miracle.  We walked up the stairs to the second floor, where all of the kids are. 
There is one long hallway filled with doors leading into many rooms.  The older kids stay on one end of the hallway and the younger ones are on the opposite end.  We looked left and right down the hallway.
There standing the middle of the passage was a nanny, a new nanny.  She was like Goliath and I was David, later on in the story ‘David’ and ‘Goliath’ will face.
One of the students approached the new nanny asking if we could play with the toddlers and babies.  She said no and along with that she added an excuse saying, “Some of the children have colds, so you can’t play with any of them.” 
So our only choice was to spend time with the older kids (which I enjoy) but it was especially hard on me because I didn’t know if Pierce was alive at this point.  About 50 feet from me was a doorway that separated me and finally knowing if Pierce was there. 
For about an hour we played with the older kids and then I met an eighth grade boy and he took us to his room.  He has been trying to learn English and he wanted me to do his homework.  A fifth grade kid trying to do an eighth graders homework?  Thankfully it was all in Chinese characters so I couldn’t do it.  So he pulled out another book and wanted me to grade the work he already did.  It was in English so I graded it, showed him what he got wrong (my friend translating), and then we went back to the play with the older kids.
 For some reason I looked up and my good friend had gone to the toddler part of the hallway and was beckoning me to come.  I felt like a secret agent as I ran down the hallway to her.  She quietly opened the door to the toddler room and they all squealed in joy and ran to the door.  The nannies were preparing lunch and would be back any second.
     ‘David’ had made it passed ‘Goliath’!!!
 I looked around the room and couldn’t spot Pierce through the toddler crowd.   I kept looking and finally thought to myself, “At least he’s in paradise and doesn’t have to suffer on this earth anymore.”  I was at the point of tears. 
A little girl named Summer approached me.  I said sadly, “Hi Summer” and then suddenly he was right there in front of me.  It was Pierce!!! 
The second he saw me he broke into a huge smile.  He recognized me!!!!!!!!!
I murmured, “Pierce” and enveloped him in a big bear hug.  He hugged me back. 
He was alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Praise the Father!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you G*d!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It had been 4 months of torturing anxiety and finally the tsunami of relief came.
The second time I’d seen him (back in September of 2012) I taught him to press the start button on my stopwatch and then 1 second later it would beep.  I also taught him and a few others to clap and say, “Yeah” after it finished beeping.  After all these months they’d still remembered!!!!!!!!!!!!
For those of you who have little brothers or sisters.  Imagine losing one for 4 months and not knowing if he or she were alive, then finding them and hugging them, that’s how it felt.
Then ‘Goliath’ stomped in about twenty seconds after I’d walked in and shooed us out of the room.
What I’d come for had been completed.  Thank G*d!!!
                                                 
                                                                                                                                                                                            Please join us in praise for Pierce’s life and that he can come home to us soon………………………

1 comment:

  1. This is a great story Brinson. I loved reading the good news from your point of view. What an adventure !

    ReplyDelete